How we recruit, what we offer and details of upcoming recruitment events
How we recruit
We advertise all of our jobs on NHS Jobs.
Keep up to date by following us @TEWV_careers
Our values based recruitment (VBR) makes sure we recruit the right people with the right values and behaviours for the role.
To discuss any vacancies, or talk to one of our staff about working for TEWV, contact our recruitment department.
Tel: 01642 283883
Post: Recruitment department, Flatts Lane Centre, Normanby, Middlesbrough, TS6 0SZ
- To view and apply for any vacancies visit NHS Jobs.
- Our medical staffing opportunities are available here.
We currently have exciting nursing opportunities in Harrogate and Scarborough. If you'd like to speak to someone about the roles available please contact Laura Miller on 01642 451671.
We welcome both experienced and newly qualified nurses as an integral part of the continued success of our innovative, high quality services.
Recruitment events @TEWV_careers
Wed 8 March - allied health professionals event, run by Health Education England North East (HEENE), Copthorne Hotel, Newcastle
If you’re interested in working as an allied health professional in mental health or learning disability services (e.g. physiotherapist, occupational therapist) then TEWV has some vacancies available for you. You can find out all about it at this recruitment event in Newcastle.
Thur 9 March - Emirates Cricket Club, Durham
Drop in between 10am - 5pm
Want to start feeling excited about going to work again? Well now is your chance as we are looking to recruit nurses in the Durham and Darlington area. Come and visit our event and speak with our heads of nursing to find out more about why TEWV is the best place for your nursing career.
At the event we will offer
- A guaranteed interview to every qualified nurse (including those who are just about to qualify)
- Full constructive feedback to everyone interviewed
- All successful applicants permanent positions with the Trust
- Newly qualified nurses supportive preceptorship arrangements
- Successful students an individual development programme providing bespoke support in their first two years of employment with the Trust.
Sat 25 March - Health Sector Jobs recruitment fair, Royal Dublin Society, Dublin
We’ve got a variety of nursing job roles available that our heads of nursing are looking forward to telling you about at this event. We will be conducting interviews on the day so why not see if you can come along and visit us and let us help you start your career with TEWV.
Why choose TEWV?
- A variety of specialist services in which to work
- Excellent career and promotional opportunities
- First class supervision and continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities
- A thriving research and development culture
- Supportive preceptorship arrangements for newly qualified staff
- Individual development programmes
We're one of the top ten NHS trusts in the country to work for. We aim to be the best employer we can be and to have skilled, motivated staff providing excellent services. There are many benefits to working for TEWV, including:
- NHS pension scheme
- 27 -33 days annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- flexible working opportunities
- free car parking, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
- access to employee support, independent counselling, chaplaincy and physiotherapy
- great career development opportunities
- staff discounts with many retailers.
Find out more about what we offer as an employer
Working for the National Health Service (NHS)
The health service offers a wide range of opportunities for many people. No matter what qualifications you have, there is usually a job you can do.
You might never have considered a career in the NHS, thinking that we only need nurses, doctors and therapists. However, there are other types of jobs needing to be undertaken to ensure the smooth running of the service, e.g. heating and ventilation engineer, estate management, porter, medical illustration, pharmacy, clinical psychology, information technology, stores, medical laboratory and accountancy to name just a few.
Take a look at some of the different jobs people do at TEWV.
We also need to reflect the local population we serve, so we actively encourage applications from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion or race.
But whatever role you apply for, you'll have a personal progress plan, easy access to a wider and more practice based range of in-house training and development opportunities, and be able to take advantage of our excellent links with local colleges and universities. We also encourage your participation in service development and, especially if you are returning to healthcare after a break, you'll find we have successful and practical programmes in place ready to bring your skills up-to-date.
We can also offer some favourable funding arrangements for students, including the payment of course fees, a bursary and time off for study.